1. Town Government Returns ... Mostly: Town offices re-open today after shutting down yesterday in observance of Christmas, which fell on Sunday this year. But, according to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today -- or most of this week, for that matter.
2. Songs for a Smile: At this afternoon, there's a free program featuring for families with children ages 1-6. It starts at 2:30 p.m., but space is limited, so you may want to call ahead.
3. Today in High School Sports: Schools may be closed for vacation this week, but sports haven't shut down. 's boys varsity wrestling team travels to West Newbury this morning for a tournmanet at Pentucket High School. Starts at 9:30 a.m.
4. Soup Bowls for Hunger: Members of the Ceramics Guild and Teen Pottery Class created one-‐of-‐a-‐kind Soup Bowls, which will be on sale for $15 at nourish restaurant. For more details call: 781-862-9696 or visit: www.LACSma.org. Bowls may be purchased without soup but, if ordered with
soup, Nourish will add the $5 (cost of the soup) All proceeds will go to the Lexington Food Pantry.
5. Warmer and Wetter: Looks like the wet and warm weather could return today as temperatures rise to 47 and chances of showers increase in the late afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts showers and possible thunderstorms overnight, with temperatures in the low 40s and windgusts of up to 46 mph.