1. Keith Hoyle takes the helm as interim chief of the Lexington Fire Department today as former , who begins his retirement.
2. It's Day 2 of Lexington . Today's hours are from 6 to 11 p.m.
3. Yes, Barrett and Company's HQ is a bit beyond Lexington's borders, but they are offering an interesting way to celebrate -- and support our troops -- on this patriotic holiday weekend. Barrett and Co. is collecting donations of for Operation American Soldier.
4. Leinenkugel is one of the oldest breweries in the United States, and still most people avoid pronouncing the proper name. But you don't need to say the name to drink (taste) a Leinie, and that's what is inviting folks to do tonight, .
5. Should be mostly sunny, with highs near 79 and a chance of showers or thunderstorms after 2 p.m. this afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, which says there's a 40 percent chance of precipitaiton during the daytime, but the night should be partly cloudy, with lows of 58.