1. ? Search for Waldo and earn the chance to win a "Where's Waldo" gift package from the . For more information about , stop by the Lexington Center children's bookstore.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Recreation Committee's Lincoln Park Subcommittee at 4:30 p.m. at the bike path entrance; the Recreation Committee at 5:30 p.m. at ; the Ad Hoc Cary Memorial Building Program Committee at 6 p.m. at ; the Energy Conservation Committee at 6 p.m. at and the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. at the .
3. Bring a Bear to Cary Library: There's a "bring-a-bear" special storytime and picnic for pre-schoolers, their Teddy bears and their families from 10:30 to 11 a.m. today on the lawn on Clarke Street across from .
4. On This Day in History: In 1850, Harvard Observatory photographed Vega, the first photo taken of a star; in 1861, Congress authorized paper money; in 1917, the British royal family changed its name from Hanover to Windsor; in 1941, Yankee Joe Dimaggio's 56-game hitting streak ended in Cleveland, and, in 1967, Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkees at Forest Hills, New York.
5. Another Warm One, With T-Storms Possible: Should be partly sunny with a high near 90 and a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more possible precipitation overnight as lows get down to the mid-60s.