1. : Local author Larry Tye will be at at 7 p.m. this evening to discuss and sign his new book Superman: The High Flying History of America's Most Enduring Hero.
2. : At 7 p.m. tonight at , Lexington Community Education presents and evening with Mitra Shavarini, a lecturer in Peace, Conflict and Coexistance Studies and Women's and Gender Studies at Brandeis University. This event is free, but pre-registration is recommended by contacting Lexington Community Education at 781-862-8043.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Tree Committee at 7:30 a.m. at the ; the LABBB Collaborative Board of Directors at 9 a.m. at the LABBB offices in Waltham; the EDCO Collaborative's Board of Directors at 11 a.m. at the EDCO offices in Waltham; the Permanent Building Committee at 6 p.m. at the DPW Building; the Lexington Bicycle Advisory Committee and Friends of Lexington Bikeways at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination (MAGIC) at 7 p.m. in Sudbury; the Historical Commission at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Board of Appeals at 7:30 p.m. at the .
4. My Civic Duty: I'm off today for jury duty. Apologies in advance for any emails or calls I don't answer until tomorrow. But please keep them coming; fellow editors will have eyes on the site and ears to the ground for breaking news around town. With breaking news, email regional editor Karla Vallance at Karla.Vallance@patch.com.
5. Sunny Day, Clear Night: Early morning fog should clear to a mostly sunny day with highs in the mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with an overnight low of 51.