1. Stacked Agenda for School Committee: The Lexington School Committee is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Town Office Building and its agenda includes the announcemet of a new Clarke School Principal, a discussion of school improvement plans, a report on improving professional relationships and the superintendent's evaluation.
2. Estabrook Litigation: Prior to the School Committee's regularly scheduled meeting, it will go into an executive session, with the Board of Selectmen, at 6:30 p.m. to discuss litigation, according to a posting on the town website.
3. : About 6 p.m. this evening, Venus will pass between the Earth and the Sun in such a way that we can see Venus's silhouette backlit by the Sun's brilliant light. It last happened in 2004, and won't happen again until 2117, so unless you plan to shatter some human longevity records, this is probably your last chance to check it out.
4. Channel Change: According to LexMedia, today, June 5, . This means that all the government meetings and programs will be available on channel 99. Nothing else is changing. Channels 8 and 9 will remain the same.
5. More Showers in the Forecast: Should be cloudy with a high near 61 and a chance of showers throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more of the same overnight as lows get down to 50.