1. Citizens for Lexington Conservation Walk: Pond Exploration at Parker Meadow: Kids and adults are welcome to join walk leader Emily Schadler for a prowl around Parker Meadow to look for signs of beavers, bugs, tadpoles, frog, toads., and more. They'’ll dip a net into the water to see what kinds of critters are wriggling around below the surface, so bring rain boots if you have them and be prepared to get dirty.The walk is scheduled from 2 to 3 p.m., meeting beforehand at the Revere Street entrance to Parker Meadow.
2. Community Contra: This Revolutionary Revlery event brings back the old New England tradition of square dancing and contra in the community. Lexingtonian and dance pianist Eric Eid-Reiner will give a talk, and also play some traditional tunes with a fiddler, as he shares the music, dances, and cultural significance of this lively and enduring New England tradition. It's $5 per person from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight at -- and don't forget your dancing shoes.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Ad Hoc School Transportation and Safety Study Committee at 9 a.m. at the , the Communication Advisory Committee at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building and the Hanscom Area Towns Committee at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Today in High School Sports: Lexington High's after-school athletic schedule for this afternoon includesboys varsity tennis at 3:30 p.m. at Arlington High; girls varsity tennis at 3:30 p.m. at home vs. Arlington; boys varsity baseball and girls varsity and JV softball at 3:45 p.m. vs Belmont High; boys junior varsity and freshmen baseball at Belmont High at 3:45 p.m. and boys freshmen lacrosse at 4 p.m. vs. Winchester High.
5. Sun or Wind: Should be sunny today, with a high near 72 and wind gusts of up to 20 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear and cool evening with a low of 44.