1. Lexington's Memorial Day Parade: After morning wreath laying ceremonies, a parade steps off at 10 a.m. by the Lexington Police Station and winds around town before making its way back to the Battle Green for ceremonies starting around 9:15 a.m.
2. About Those Wreath Layings: The first is at 8:45 a.m. at the Lexington Firefighters Memorial at the on Bedford Street. And the second is at 9 a.m. at , 520 Bedford St.
3. : A day of remembrance for the fallen who gave their lives in service to our nation, Memorial Day is observed the last Monday in May, often with parades, wreath-laying ceremonies and poppies.
4. What's Open, What's Closed: Town offices, schools, many businesses, the and are all closed for the holiday. Many convenience stores, restaurants and supermarkets will be open.
5. Showers, Maybe: There's a chance of showers and/or thunderstorms beginning in the late afternoon, with highs in the mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening, with a chance of rain and a low of 59.