1. Today's the day many locals have been waiting for: Opening day for the . At 2 p.m. this afternoon, farmers, flowers, artisans and organics will converge at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Woburn Street for the first of a 22-week season.
2. The School Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the Town Office Building and the agenda includes an update on the anti-bullying prevention program, a first reading of a draft animals in school policy and a third reading of the medication policy.
3. It's the last day in May, which means it's the last day on the Revolutionary Revelry calendar. Events include tours, Liberty Ride tours, the "Road to Revolution" film showing at the Minute Man National Historical Park Visitor Center on Route 2A and Stump Trivia at the bar at .
4. On this day in history, in 1678, Lady Godiva rode naked through Coventry in her protest of taxes; in 1935, Babe Ruth grounded out in his final at bat and, in 1990, "Seinfield" debuted on NBC as "The Seinfield Chronicles."
5. The forecast calls for a mostly sunny day with highs about 77, according to the National Weather Service, which is predicting a partly cloudy evening with lows of 55.