1. BOS Agenda: The Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. this evening, and its agenda includes a presentation from the Veterans Officer, and discussions about Fire Department staffing and a fall Town Meeting.
2. Mosquito Update: The town of Lexington has provided an update on mosquito borne illness. While there have been no reported human cases of West Nile Virus (WNV) or Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) in Lexington, WNV has been detected in mosquitoes from Lexington and neighboring communitites and the risk continues to be high in the fall as WNV-infected mosquitoes persist until the first hard frost. EEE, meanwhile, has not been found in mosquitoes in Lexington or any adjacent communities, but it has been found in mosquitoes as close as Reading and Sudbury. More information is available on the Mass. DPH information page.
3. Rotary Club of Lexington Meeting: At 12:15 p.m. at .
4. Businesses, Claim Your Listings: Natick Patch editor Justin Saglio created this terrific video to walk local business owners through the five simple steps of claiming a business listing on Patch. Among the extra benefits available to those with claimed listings are checking stats on ratings and reviews, editing and adding info and managing their photos and other media.
5. Sunny Day, Cool Night: Should be mostly sunny today with a high of only 73, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cooler evening with a low of 47.