1. Boy Scouts Registration and Orientation: Lexington Cub Scout Pack 197 is holding its registration and orientation event from 6:30 to 8 p.m. this evening at . According to an orientation notice, Pack 197 serves more than 50 scouts and volunteers primarily associated with Harrington, Bowman, Waldorf and Montessori schools without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or economic status.
2. School Committee Meets Tonight: At 7:30 p.m. at , and its agenda includes preliminary 2012-2013 enrollment numbers, updates on the Bridge and Bowan renovation projects, along with other summer capital projects, an iPad pilot program at Lexington High and the committee's role in curriculum changes.
3. CRAFTS FOR CHARITY at Lexington Farmers' Market: Crafts for Charity, a community-based craft sale and silent auction, is raising funds this year for the Lexington Food Pantry and Project Bread, through an event held at the Lexington Farmers’ Market this afternoon. Assorted works – from jewelry and ceramics to rustic furniture and children’s toys – have been donated by local artisans and are available for purchase, with 100 percent of the proceeds donated to these anti-hunger organizations.
4. Today in High School Sports: According to High School Sports.net, Lexington High field hockey is at Wilmington this afternoon, while the JV boys and girls soccer squads head to Melrose.
5. Feeling More Like Fall Everyday: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 70, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with a low of 47.