1. CRAFTS FOR CHARITY at Lexington Farmers' Market: Crafts for Charity, a community-based craft sale and silent auction, is raising funds this year for the Lexington Food Pantry and Project Bread, through an event held at the Lexington Farmers’ Market on Tuesday, Sept. 4th and Tuesday, Sept 11th. Assorted works – from jewelry and ceramics to rustic furniture and children’s toys – have been donated by local artisans and are available for purchase, with 100% of the proceeds donated to these anti-hunger organizations.
2. Flatbread for Communities Without Borders - Orphans & Vulnerable Children in Zambia: From 5 to 11 p.m. tonight, Flatbread Pizza Company in Bedford, will host Communities Without Borders, a local non-profit organization that supports AIDS orphans and vulnerable, poor, children in Zambia. Local teaching volunteers travelers invite you to learn about their work and enjoy a healthy delicious pizza dinner, from which Flatbread contributes a portion of take out and eat-in sales to CWB. As well, authentic Zambian crafts, raffle and hand made Cuddle Dolls will be available for sale to support CWB's educational efforst in Africa.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Greenway Corridor Committee at 8:30 a.m. at ; the Sustainable Lexington Committee at 7 p.m. at Cary Hall, the Conservation Commission at 7:30 p.m. at the and the Community Center Task Force at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Looks Like Rain: Should be a mostly cloudy day, with a high of 75 and a chance of showers/thunderstorms starting in the late afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more rainfall overnight and a low of 67.