Hurricane Sandy is expected to blow in with damaging winds beginning mid-morning on Monday, Oct. 29. In anticipation of severe weather and associated damage and power outages, the Town of Lexington on Sunday announced the suspension of several public services.
The following information was provided by the town:
- We are anticipating extensive tree damage and widespread power outages. Updates will be posted on the Town's website at http://www.lexingtonma.gov.
- Do not approach downed wires. Consider all wires as an electrical hazard.
- Please shelter in place. Before the storm, secure or put away outdoor items.
- On Monday, October 29 the following public services will be suspended:
- All public schools and School administrative offices will be closed.
- Town offices, the Library, and the Senior Center will be closed.
- There will be no Lexpress bus service.
- Trash and recycle pickup is suspended. Do not place any items curbside.
- You should anticipate losing phone service. If you wish to receive Code Red messages consider registering your cell phone with the CodeRed link on the Police Department webpage.
- Starting at 8 a.m. Monday, direct storm-related non-emergence calls to 781-274-8381. As always, dial 911 for emergency.