It's a big year, this 2012.
No, not because there is a movie spelling the world's doom, or even what's sure to be a high-intensity presidential election.
It's a gigantic year because you can get involved and share all things Dedham like never before.
We have certainly grown and changed since . So even if you think you know how to use Patch like a pro, here are some more tips.
Here are 10 ways you can use Lexington Patch to stay informed - and more importantly, inform others.
- Add photos to our brand new Neighborhood Gallery. Have a great picture from an afternoon at a or riding along the or maybe of your child's performance? Now you can share it with everyone else in town - and an easy spot for your family to find it.
- Follow every step of a story. Use our follow-up feature to know when we post a new story about a topic you're vested in. Just click on the "Keep Me Posted" button at the bottom of your desired article.
- Seamlessly tell neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses - good or bad - by going to their Places page and sharing your thoughts.
- Share an opinion by commenting on stories. What you think matters, so tell the rest of us what is on your mind.
- Let us know about a great story. Did you attend a fantastic PTO event or an exciting game? Email us a write-up and a picture or two and we may post it on Lexington Patch.
- Want to share on a regular basis? Become an expert and a go-to source by becoming a Local Voices blogger. Let us know your idea and we'll set you up right away.
- for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement are history! Now you can tell the town when you get married, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
- Know before you go. Wonder if traffic is backed up near or 128/95? Or where you should fill the gas tank before you hit the road? Always check our Traffic & Gas tool before you get stuck in a jam.
- Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a Letter to the Editor that we'll publish on the site.
- Get your news delivered every day. Sign up for our Patch Newsletter and wake up and have Lexington Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around.