.
News Alert
Market Basket Board Says It's Considering Arthur…

Fire Incidents: A Carbon Monoxide Issue and A Child Locked in a Car

The following information, from Sept. 18 to Sept. 25, was provided by the Lexington Fire Department.

Fire Incidents by the Numbers
101 Total calls for service
31 EMS calls excluding motor vehicle accidents
19 Unintentional, malfunctioning or malicious alarm activaitons
4 Well being checks
3 Water problems
3 Public service assistances
2 Motor vehicle accidents requiring basic life support
2 Lockouts
1 Medical resuce/MVA
1 Motor vehicle accident requiring advanced life support
1 EMS call with no duty/patient refusal
1 ALS request from another town
1 Carbon monoxide leak
1 Overheated motor
1 Power line down
1 Smoke, odor removal
1 Assist police or other agency
1 Prescribed fire

Fire Incident Reports

Tuesday, Sept. 18

12 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm activation on Cottage Street and, upon finding elevated readings, opened all of the windows and turned on the fans in the house. Companies also spoke to a landscaper who was power-washing the house, whose machine was sending exhaust into the home. After the windows were open and the machine turned off, the readings dropped immediately.

10:12 p.m. – Firefighters responded to an alarm activation on Lowell Street and found the front door unlocked and lights on in the hallway. After speaking with management on scene, they determined it was possibly due to a recent power failure.

Wednesday, Sept. 19

2:03 a.m. – Companies responded to an unintentional alarm activation possibly caused by rain water in a pull station at Cubist on Hayden Avenue.

Thursday, Sept. 20

9:43 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a reported motor vehicle lockout with a child inside on Eaton. The father was on-scene and AAA was able to gain access through the trunk. The child was evaluated and found not to be in distress.

1:20 p.m. – Companies were called to check on a report of smoke along the highway. They found a trash truck with an expired motor that was leaking a small amount of oil into the exhaust, creating a smoke condition.

Friday, Sept. 21

1:19 p.m. – Firefighters responded to Winchester Drive after a motorist reported excessive smoke from a chimney on the street.  It was a good intent call, as the smoke was coming from a wood stove.

Saturday, Sept. 22

4:48 p.m. – Firefighters responded to a reported water problem on Bedford Street and met a woman from a music studio, who reported an overflowing toilet on the second floor sent water flowing into the hallway and numerous offices.

9:27 p.m. – Firefighters responded to an alarm activation on Main Campus Drive

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »