.

Lightning Sparks Blaze, Electrocutes Worker in Lexington

Lightning strikes caused chaos in Lexington Wednesday.

Lightning sparked a fire at this home on 20 Tufts Rd. in Lexington Wednesday. Credit: WHDH/7News
Lightning sparked a fire at this home on 20 Tufts Rd. in Lexington Wednesday. Credit: WHDH/7News
Lightning strikes on Wednesday morning lit a Lexington home on fire and electrocuted a golf course worker.

One of the people inside the home at 20 Tufts Rd. said the strike sounded like "an explosion" in the attic, WHDH/7News reported.

"When I opened the door there was fire on the stairs," Alan Jin told WHDH. "We just all went outside."

The fire caused $150,000 worth of damage to the home, according to MyFoxBoston.com.

At about the same time Wednesday, a Lexington Golf Club worker was electrocuted when a lightning strike caused a surge while he was working on an electrical panel, according to Fox.

The worker was treated and released from a local hospital.
Francesca Antognini April 25, 2014 at 08:22 AM
Please note for future reference that electrocution refers to death from electric shock. It was relieving to read at the end of your article that the worker had been treated and released.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »