1. Estabrook's Special Town Meeting Tonight: A special Town Meeting tonight will vote on appropriating almost $41 million for a new . Lexington voters hit the polls in January to approve an override, and the Massachusetts School Building Authority voted last Wednesday to advance planning into the project scope and budget phase. MSBA could fund a little more than $12 million of the approximately $41 million project cost.
2. More Town Meeting Talk: Although annual Town Meeting kicked off last week, the budgetary business had to wait until this week, as town bylaws stipulate it cannot be taken up until four weeks after being delivered to Town Meeting members. As such, today, April 2, is the first day it can be acted upon.
3. "Rooftop Revolution: How Low Cost Solar Changes Everything:" At 7 p.m. tonight at , the Lexington Global Warming Action Coalition will present at talk on how recent changes in the solar energy world are making solar affordable for everyone. Featured speakers will be Mark Sandeen, chairman of the Sustainable Lexington Committee and Ben Cumbie, Solar PV Director for Transformations, Inc.
4. World Autism Awareness Day: Today, April 2, is World Autism Awareness Day, a day in which the organization Autism Speaks welcomes individuals and organizations to "Light It Up Blue" and shine a light on autism now in its third year, Light It Up Blue is "a unique global initiative to help raise awareness about the growing public health concern that is autism."
5. Showers Then Sun? Rainfall is possible before noontime today as a cloudy morning gradually clears and temperatures rise to 48, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear and cold night with a low of 32.