1. CPA, School Transportation on Tap: Tonight's fifth session of annual Town Meeting will begin with the remainder of Article 8, the CPC requests for FY13, and move on to Article 17, the petition related to the school bus transportation system, and finally Article 12, municipal capital projects and equipment.
2. Planning Lexington's 300th: The Lexington 300th Anniversary Celebration Committee is meeting at 12:30 p.m. this afternoon at and its agenda items include publicity and communications, a Patriots' Day parade presence, fundraising and momentos.
3. : The Rotary Club of Lexington is meeting at 12:15 p.m. this afternoon at .
4. On This Day in History: In 1862, Robert La Salle claimed Louisiana for France; in 1865, Robert E. Lee and his troops surrendered to U.S. Grant at Appomattox; in 1912, the Titanic left Queenstown, Ireland for New York and the first exhibition game was played at Fenway Park; in 1953, "TV Guide" published its first issue, and, in 1981, Fernando Valenzuela made his first start for the LA Dodgers, a 2-0 win over the Astros.
5. Could be a Windy and Rainy One: Showers are possible after 8 a.m. as temperatures climb to 58 on a breezy day with wind gusts of up to 34 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a chance of rain this evening and overnight lows of about 41.