This Friday, Dec. 14, is the first day prospective candidates can pull nomination papers for offices on the ballot for the annual Town Election to be held March 4, 2013.
The deadline for pulling papers is Jan. 11, 2013, and candidates for major office must collect signatures from at least 50 registered voters, while candidates for Town Meeting must obtain valid signatures from at least 10 voters from their precinct, according to an announcement from the Lexington Town Clerk’s Office.
Per that announcement, offices on the ballot include:
- Selectmen – Two for two three-year terms
- Moderator – One for a one-year term
- School Committee – Two for three-year terms
- Planning Board – One for a three-year term
And Town Meeting seats up for grabs include:
- Precinct 1 – Seven for three years
- Precinct 2 – Seven for three years, One for two years and One for one year
- Precinct 3 – Seven for 3 years
- Precinct 4 – Seven for three years
- Precinct 5 – Seven for three years, One for one year
- Precinct 6 – Seven for three years, One for two years and one for one year
- Precinct 7 – Seven for three years
- Precinct 8 – Seven for three years
- Precinct 9 – Seven for three years
To view the full election calendar for 2013, click on the PDF posted above.