Trash and recycling pickup will be postponed by one day for the rest of the week because of impending snowstorm.
As a reminder, here are the Lexington Department of Public Works' trash and solid waste guidelines:
- Place trash at the curb by 7 a.m. on your trash day - Your trash must be out by 7 a.m. Pick-up cannot be guaranteed if trash is placed at the curb later than 7 a.m. The trash pick up schedule will be impacted during weeks which include a Town of Lexington observed holiday.
- Visible Recycling Ban - Any visible recyclables in the trash will be left behind by the trash collectors who will leave stickers explaining why the items were not picked up. The Town strictly enforces the State Waste Bans which forbid recyclables from entering the waste stream. Click through for more information on Lexington's Visible Recyclable Ban.
- Six (6) bag/barrel limit per week - An exception is made on this limit when moving. You must call JRM in advance of the move. 1-800-323-4285.
- One (1) Bulky Item per week - Bulky items are those that will not fit into an approved container including: mattresses, box springs, sofas, recliners, auto tires (without rim, 1 per week), storm doors, large toys, lawn furniture, and rugs (cut into 4 ft. lengths, rolled and tied - no more than 15 rolls of carpet at a time). Not to exceed 75 pounds.
- CRTs (TVs, monitors, CPUs) - State law prohibits disposal of CRTs in regular trash because of their high lead content. CRTs may be scheduled for curb pickup by JRM by appointment. Please call them at 800-323-4285 by 3 p.m. the day before your regular trash day to have the CRTs collected on your regular trash day.
EWaste Solutions (781-862-5558) will do door to door CRT removals for a fee.
Appliance (White Good) and Large Metal Item pick up is by appointment - Call JRM at 1-800-323-4285 to schedule a pick up on the same day as your regular trash and recycling collection. Appointments must be scheduled by 3 p.m. on the day before the collection. Acceptable items include stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, metal desks, bed frames, air conditioners, file cabinets, wood stoves, dehumidifiers, grills (without propane tank), and water heaters. Snow blowers and lawnmowers can also be picked up, but they must be completely drained of oil.