The following announcement was provided by Wilson Farm.
Wilson Farm’s annual “Shop at Wilson Farm Day” Fundraiser started this past Wednesday, Jan. 9.
Now in its ninth year, the fundraiser is seeking to raise over $16,000 for local area schools, a hefty increase from the $5,000 raise in the 2005 (the first year). Since its inception, Shop at Wilson Farm Day, has helped more than 30 different schools, raising $91,397 to help supplement school budgets. If Wilson Farm is able to help raise this years goal of $16,000, then it will break the $100,000 donation mark.
This year’s participating schools include 21 schools, 11 of which are from right here in Lexington. Each school receives a special day, where parents, staff, teachers and other supporters can come into the farm and a portion of their purchases are donated to the school. See the list of dates below for Lexington Schools (a complete list of schools and dates is available at WilsonFarm.com).
- Wednesday, Jan. 9 -- Lexington Children’s Place
- Tuesday, Jan. 22 -- Estabrook Elementary School
- Wednesday, Jan. 23 -- Hastings Elementary School
- Wednesday Feb. 6 -- Bridge Elementary
- Tuesday March 5 -- Diamond Middle School
- Wednesday, March 6 -- Harrington Elementary School
- Thursday, March 7 -- Clarke Middle School
- Wednesday, March 13 -- Fiske Elementary School
- Thursday, March 14 -- Methodist Weekday School
- Thursday, March 14 -- Lexington High School
- Tuesday, March 19 -- Bowman Elementary
Supporting the schools couldn’t be easier. Simply shop at Wilson Farm on the school’s Shop at Wilson Farm Day, present a special flyer at checkout, and 20 percent of your purchase (pre-tax subtotal) will be donated back to the school. To download the special flyer for your school visit WilsonFarm.com/schools and click on your school’s link to download the files.
Don’t have computer access? Call Wilson Farm at 781.862.3900 and they can make sure you get a copy. Please help Wilson Farm support the children in our local schools by participating in this worthwhile fundraiser.