1. : Lexington’s Recreation Director, Karen Simmons, will be the guest speaker today at the Chamber of Commerce's "Women-in-Business" lunchtime series. The event, at 12 p.m. today at includes a segment of moderated around the-table discussion, followed by a featured guest speaker.
2. Today in High School Sports: Lots of after-school action today for the scholar athletes from . Boys varsity tennis takes on Bedford in a scrimmage at 3:30 p.m.; the boys and girls varsity and JV baseball and softball squads travel to Burlington High at 3:45 p.m.; girls varsity lacrosse hosts Woburn High at 3:45 p.m., with the junior varsity to follow at 5 p.m.; girls varsity tennis scrimmages at Bedford at 4 p.m.; freshmen girls and JV boys lacrosse faces off at 4 p.m. at Woburn High, while the boys varsity follows at 5 p.m. and, finally, boys freshmen lacrosse hosts North Andover at 4 p.m.
3. Check Out Bent Shapes and Reflections at LACS: The Lexington Arts and Crafts Society's Metalworkers Guild, for its annual show, joined forces with the Photography Guild to combine their talents for "Bent Shapes and Reflections," which opened earlier this month and runs through April 16.
4. On This Day in History: In 1825, the first hotel in Hawaii opened; in 1866, the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals formed; in 1916, the first professional golf tournament was held; in 1947, Jackie Robinson became the first black major league baseball player; in 1986, Benazir Bhutto returned to Pakistan and, in 2011, U2's 360 degrees tour became the highest grossing music tour of all time.
5. Warmer, and Maybe Rain: There's a chance of showers this afternoon, on a partly sunny day with highs around 60, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a slight chance of showers in the evening with lows getting down to 39.