Things to do in the Lexington area this weekend:
- Crushing Cancer 4 Kids 5K- Walk/Run- This event is being hosted by Fitness Together-Lexington and the Greater Boston Running Store in Lexington
- Lexington Arts and Crafts Society Instructors Show- An Exhibit of Drawing and Painting, Pastel, Metal Arts, Ceramics, Polymer Clay, Beading, Bird Carving, Basketry, Needle Arts, Decorative Arts, Photography, Chinese Brush Painting, Mixed Media and Portraiture created by the nationally known artists available to you for instruction at the Society.
- Journeys and Discoveries: The Stories Maps Tell Gallery Talk
- Author Event with Matthew Van Fleet- Join the Elephant's Trunk Children's Bookshop for a presentation, Q&A session, and book signing with the esteemed author/illustrator Matthew Van Fleet, creator of many immensely popular interactive board books, including Moo, Three Little Mermaids, and Tails.
- Kids Can Cook: Vine Brook Tavern Teaches Kids and their Parents Kitchen Basics - Executive Chef Chris Frothingham will show children cooking basics; how to season dishes, how to use a knife, when to add butter and creams and maybe even how to cook a dinner for their parents.
- Lexington Symphony's Season Opener