Lexington Montessori School
Lexington Montessori School was founded by a group of parents seeking to provide child-centered educational services and programs for young children. The school is based on the work and method of Maria Montessori. The staff creates a comfortable environment for students to foster a love of learning, inner discipline and self-assurance. It has grown to include early childhood, elementary and middle school education.
LMS currently welcomes more than 230 children from various towns and communities in and around the Boston area. The school incorporates academic and social development to help students achieve optimal learning skills. Interested parents should make an appointment to observe classrooms and for a school tour during school hours.
- Hours: Before school: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 8:45am. Children’s House half day pre-school: Mon - Fri, 9am - 11:45am. Children’s House full day pre-school: Mon - Fri, 9am - 2:45pm. Elementary and middle school: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:05pm. After school: 3pm - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street level access
- Founding Date: 1963
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of students: 240
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the Association of Independent Schools of New England and the American Montessori Society
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:6
- Number of faculty: 55
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: Pre-school to 8th grade
- Special education: No
- Features: Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Extracurricular programs are available before and after school and include arts and crafts, chess club, travel club and guitar lessons.
- Age range: Toddler to 8th grade